Your privacy and security are important to Friendly House, and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This online privacy statement describes how we treat all user data collected by us during your visit to our website, whether it is collected automatically or voluntarily submitted by you.
Friendly House may occasionally update this statement. We will post any changes on this web page, and encourage you to check back to make sure you are aware of how your personal information will and won’t be used.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect two types of user data: (1) data that you voluntarily submit to us, and (2) technical data that is automatically collected from all visitors to our sites.
- Voluntarily Provided Information: information you voluntarily submit to us when you sign up for emails, send correspondence, make a donation, participate in a survey, register for an event, fill out a form, post comments or other content, or otherwise voluntarily submit personal information.
What do we do with your personal information?
Your voluntarily provided personal information will be used by Friendly House to contact you regarding promotions, donation appeals, newsletters, notices and more, unless you explicitly opt out of these communications. You can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 228-4391.
Additionally, your information will be used internally to help us improve our communications and programming.
What personal information do we share with third parties?
We will not share the personal information we collect from you through our sites with third parties, except as described in this policy. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work with us in connection with the operation of our sites or the services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner, and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymous form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Friendly House, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect Friendly House or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our sites;
- to enforce or apply any of our policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organization assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Friendly House.
Additionally, you understand that information you provide such as comments, stories, or other content commonly shared through social network sites may be publicly available.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymous information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Data Security And Third Parties
While we make every reasonable attempt to protect all personal data that is transmitted from and through our website, no method of data transmission can be completely guaranteed against interception. Friendly House can not be held liable for any intercepted, misused, lost, accessed, or destroyed data, though we take serious efforts and precautions to avoid unauthorized access to user data.
Use of this site may also be subject to the Privacy Policies and Terms & Conditions of WordPress and its affiliates, which can be found at https://automattic.com/privacy/ and https://en.wordpress.com/tos/.
Additionally, we do our best to vet and vouch for third-party websites that we link to throughout our websites. However, we take no responsibility for the organizations, views, security, or accuracy of information found on those websites.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Users may opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Note that it may take 5-8 business days to be removed from our lists.
Questions About Our Policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or any of our policies, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 228-4391.